Serving Canines & Humans Alike, 1 Veteran – 1 Dog at a Time
Mission Statement: Serving Disabled Veterans and the Canine Community
Rocklin Residents Unite for Fido (RRUFF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was founded in 2010 with the goal of providing a safe, enclosed area for Rocklin area dog owners and their furry family members to enjoy time outdoors. RRUFF has accomplished much more than building and maintaining an off-leash dog park. The park is home to training classes for Guide Dogs for the Blind, Canine Companions for Independence puppy raisers and 4Paws2Freedom service dog.training program
In 2014, the RRUFF Healing Heroes Program was launched. This program provides funding for service dog training to Disabled American Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and other invisible disabilities. These service dog training classes are held for veterans at American River College, Beale Air Force Base ,Pet Food Express Roseville, and locations in Rancho Cordova and Placerville.
RRUFF Dog Park and Healing Heroes rely solely on individual and corporate donations, sponsorships, membership dues, and in-kind services to fund service dog training for veterans; and to maintain and add amenities to the dog park. All the work is performed by volunteers and members of our Board of Directors. There is no paid staff. We hope you’ll join us in our mission to serve canines and humans – 1 veteran and 1 dog at a time!
RRUFF Dog Park
- 2014 Completed ADA accessible concrete pathways in large and small dog areas. Work done by MJB Construction/Homes of Rocklin
- 2014 The City of Rocklin donated and installed a shade structure for the large dog area
- 2014 Cordell Firestone, Boy Scout Troop #1, completed his Eagle Scout Project by building the awesome K-9 agility equipment for both large and small dog areas
- 2015 Wade Osborn, Boy Scout Troop #435, completed his Eagle Scout Project to assemble and install a two- sided bulletin board for park users
- 2015 100 yards of cedar playground ground cover donated by Applied Landscape Materials and City of Rocklin for both large and small dog areas
- 2016 Bark refreshed three times
- 2017 Guide Dogs for the Blind & C
- Canine Companions for Independence are beginning their fourth year holding puppy training classes on a regular basis in the Special Needs Area during Spring, Summer and Fall.
- 2017 RRUFF is nominated for the 6th year in a row by the Rocklin Chamber of Commerce for it’s Business Excellence Awards in the Best Non-Profit/From the Heart Category
- 2017 RRUFF was nominated for the 4th year in the KCRA A List for Best Local Charity
- 2017 Bark refreshed twice
- 2018 Applied Landscape Materials donated 50 yards of new bark and RRUFF purchased an additional 50 yards. Both large and small dog areas were refreshed in early April
- 2018 Placer Gold Girl Scout Troop #921 painted the agility equipment in both large and small dog areas
- 2018 100 Yards of bark donated by Landscape Company in Lodi
- 2018 Recipient of the 2018 PetSafe Bark for your Park Maintenance Grant $5,000
- 2018 Nominated for the 7th year for Rocklin Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award – From The Heart Category
- 2019 City of Rocklin Parks & Recreation refreshed the bark in Large Dog Area
- 2020 City of Rocklin Parks & Recreation refreshed bark in Large & Small Dog Areas
- 2020 Eagle Scout Troop #29 Project completed – New K9 Agility Ramp Large Dog Area
- 2020 4 New benches in Special Needs Area and 1 in Small Dog Area
RRUFF Healing Heroes
- 2014 The Special Needs Area building project for Disabled American Veterans was completed. We raised over $25,000 for this project.
- 2014 The RRUFF Healing Heroes Program was launched, providing scholarships to disabled veterans for service dog training.
- 2015 RRUFF received the 2015 Placer SPCA Hero Award for the Healing Heroes Program.
- 2016 In December, funding was provided for the first service dog training class for veterans enrolled at American River College. Graduation was held May 2017.
- 2017 A second class providing service dog training to veterans at American River College began September 2017.
- 2017 Outdoor service dog training classes are held in the Special Needs Area with Terry Sandhoff, Master Trainer, 4Paws2Freedom.
- 2017 A new group service dog training class for veterans was funded and began at Pet Food Express at the Fountains in Roseville.
- 2018 Donations received from Allegiant Giving in the amount of $17,000
- 2018 Group service dog training class began in June at Pet Food Express.
- 2018 The third class for American River College Veterans Began in September
- 2018 Over $7,500 was raised for Healing Heroes during the 2018 Big Day of Giving on May 3
- 2018 Received $10,000 from the Lyon Cares Foundation (West Roseville office)
- 2018 July 20 – First Service Dog Training class began at Beale Air Force Base.
- 2019 Received $5,000 from The Honor Group from 2018 Honor Bowl
- 2019 Service Dog Training Class began in January at Pet Food Express
- 2019 Big Day of Giving raised $7,250 for Healing Heroes
- 2019 Lyon Cares Foundation (Folsom Office) granted $5,000 to Healing Heroes
- 2019 $5,500 received for the RodsNRelics Car Show proceeds
- 2019 2nd Service Dog Training class at Beale Air Force Base began in July
- 2019 4th Service Dog Training Class at American River College scheduled for September
- 2019 Seamus Davey Golf Tournament raised $8,957
- 2020 Veterans United Home Loans donated $5,000
- 2020 RodsNRelics $2,500 (even though car show was cancelled)